Child protection and anti-bullying

Sale Wado Ryu Freestyle Karate Club takes steps to ensure that everyone can learn martial arts in an environment in which they are protected from harm, discrimination and bullying. 

The following resources are provided for your information.

If you think you are being bullied it’s important that you tell someone you trust for example a relative, a teacher or another trusted adult.If you need help or advice about bullying there are helplines and websites that can provide you with information and support:


ChildLine is the UK’s free, confidential helpline for children and young people. They offer advice and support, by phone and online, 24 hours a day. Whenever and wherever you need them, they’ll be there. Call 0800 1111

Cybermentors is a safe social networking site providing information and support for young people affected by bullying.

Direct Gov Information for young people on cyberbullying, bullying on social networks, Internet and email bullying, bullying on mobile phones, bullying at school, what to do about bullying, and information and advice for people who are bullying others and want to stop.

EACH has a freephone Actionline for children experiencing homophobic bullying: 0808 1000 143. It’s open Monday to Friday 10am-5.00pm


The websites below have lots of information and advice for anyone who has had experience of bullying.

The Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP) maintains a website for children and young people, parents and carers about staying safe online.

GoGetInfo is a mobile information service for teenagers that sends trusted expert advice on all sorts of issues straight to your mobile phone. Each download is made up of practical text content, video clips and images. Topics covered include bullying, condoms, emergency contraception, self-harm and pregnancy. Each download costs 50 (plus standard data charges for videos). 

Reporting cyberbullying

If someone makes you feel uncomfortable or upset online, talk to an adult you can trust, such as a relative or a teacher. If you would prefer to talk to someone in confidence you can contact (0800 1111).

If someone has acted inappropriately online towards you, or someone you know, you can report directly to the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP). It could be sexual or threatening chat, or being asked to do something that makes you feel uncomfortable or someone asking to meet up.